Monday, September 26, 2016

Dormitory Program Matrix & Bubble Diagram

Based on my study of various layouts of dormitories, I have proposed a program matrix, and bubble diagram. The program matrix is straight forward with all of the necessary requirements of a dormitory. My bubble diagram is designed as if one were to walk into my dormitory. The bubble diagram is a proposed idea of my dormitory layout. This is not the finalize design layout for my dormitory. I am just analyzing how my program works. Thanks for your time and consideration.




2 comments:

  1. Dear Demetri, you have done good job! I would propose you to go back and review your examples, keep notes of what you like most in the space relations. The Matrix and Bubble diagram, both, should reflect these preferences. Also, try check again the double/dual connections of your bubbles, it seems that you are insecure to leave an areas without limited connections. Are you sure that all of these are needed? Always use the findings of each stage of the process to build the next step. Continue the good job. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with the comment above, your Matrix and BD show a singular perspective in the relationships. Take the step to consider the connections through the program user in each of the bubbles: i.e.; would the security want access/proximity to entry and mailroom only? (Recognizing there are alternatives to physical connection but consider the relationships then design the solutions).

    ReplyDelete