Thursday, October 6, 2016

Concept Developement


1. IMPRESSION- My impression of the site was that the site was a calm, and serene site. The reason I say this is because the site was covered with nature, such as trees, plants, and grass. My idea of the collage for my site impression is based on the surrounding nature being utilized to extract man-made architecture. Therefore my impression of my site is that the nature surrounding the site and within my site is highly going to impact my man-made design of a dormitory.






2. STRAND- My definition of the word strand is to connect two or more things using a single path that can be connected by twisting, piecing, knotting. So for my second collage I have designed a person on a bridge connecting natural vicinity to the man-made skyline of New York City. The person on the bridge represents strand, because he/she is keeping the bridge from fully collapsing. Therefore the person holding the bridge shows the connection being maintained between nature and man-made.






3. DORMITORY PROGRAM- While my program consists of many elements for the dormitory, I have utilized the most important aspects of my dormitory program in the collage. I have designed a collage that expresses the necessary spaces, people, and materials needed to develop the design for the dormitory. I tried to design the collage as if the spaces, people, and materials necessary were connected to the neighboring images or objects. 






3. DORMITORY PROGRAM (REVISED)





1 comment:

  1. Demetri, I think you have to work a little bit more for your collages. They are quite simple without too much thought. Try to define some keywords, already exists randomly in your texts, and visual them. Keep notes/sketches during the process of what you like and what not. The result should be more conceptual to help you pass into the next 3D step.

    ReplyDelete